Tuesday 6 October 2015

Failing to plan is planning to fail

It's October already and I must admit I haven't hit this year's sewing goals. I'm nowhere near making a quarter of what I planned to make. Maybe that's because my plans where just in my head which didn't give me any deadlines.
This lack of planning has also resulted in me getting overwhelmed with the amount of projects running all at the same time. So I'm going back to basics and drawing up a list of garments I really want to make for AW15. 

First on my list is this Butterick coatigan.




From the moment I saw this pattern I had to have it. It's an easy style which can be dressed up or down and doesn't have the time commitment a tailored coat would require. The pattern also comes with a dress which I intend on sewing after I've completed my Palmer/Pletsch tissue fitting classes via Craftsy.

Next on my list is OOP McCalls M6600 shirtdress. I started sewing this piece back in August  for the ThRed and Needles challenge by Ruqayyah Davis and was making good progress until an emergency project overtook it (can't remember what that was, clearly it wasn't important). All that's left are buttons, buttonholes and the hem.

M6600

Lastly a bit of charitable sewing. This is a chef's outfit I made for my neighbours reception class, Simplicity 3650. I reinforced most seams considering 4-5 year olds will be wearing it. I finished it well into the start of the new school year but I'm proud of my achievements. Better late than never.


Well, that's it for now. Wish me luck with that coatigan.

Sew, FinancePro

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see your first completed project. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete